Oilfield Battery Operators
Spur Petroleum Ltd. is currently looking for Oilfield Battery Operators in its Marten Hills and Nipisi Heavy Oil areas. This is a fulltime contract position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations, maintenance, and bookkeeping for their assigned area of responsibility.
- Be able to work with limited supervision and also in a team environment to achieve production volumes and low operational cost targets
- Well optimization
- Supervise and mentor junior operators
- Monitor production / daily production bookkeeping (DataWorx)
- Prepare and organize daily workload
- Monitor and troubleshoot well and facility equipment
- Ensure all Safety and Regulatory requirements are met
- Organize and supervise third party contractor services
- Arrange and schedule trucking daily
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of Oil Battery operating experience
- Knowledge and understanding of general oil and gas operating duties
- Strong mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Willingness to accept increasing operations responsibility
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
- Able to work collaboratively within a team
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and E-mail is expected
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive, and the successful candidate may be required to take pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessments.
- This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
The successful candidate will be required to reside in the Athabasca / Slave Lake / Wabasca / Calling Lake or surrounding areas.
This posting will remain open for applications until March 22, 2021 and resumes can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not all applications will be responded to.